Have you ever wondered what it’s like being a Muppeteer on Sesame Street? Muppet performer Matt Vogel recently launched a new behind-the-scenes look at Sesame Street on his Facebook page. Below the Frame is a live video series that features special guests and lots of fun surprises.
The first Facebook live broadcast took place on November 17 at 1:45 PM and ran about 11-1/2 minutes. It was lighthearted, fun, and informative. Due to a technical glitch, the first episode had to be split into two parts. Episode 1 included:
- A theme song by Stephanie D’Abruzzo
- Matt Vogel and other Sesame Street Muppeteers giving an update on what’s happening on the Street
- The Two-Headed Monster summarizing the plot of the new holiday special, Once Upon a Sesame Street Christmas
- Tyler Bunch talked about his favorite foods in a segment called “Ask a Puppeteer Something About Not Puppets”
- Frankie Biondo told how he became a camera operator for the show in a segment called “Tell Us How You Got, How You Got to Sesame Street”
- Martin Robinson demonstrated how butterflies, Slimey the worm, and bats work
- The Muppet Lounge Band played the Below the Frame closing theme!
Episode 2 will air live on Facebook on Thursday, December 8 at 1:45 PM EST and will include a special report from Prairie Dawn on the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Be sure to like and follow Matt Vogel’s Facebook page for all of the latest updates. Until then, enjoy Episode 1 (Parts 1 and 2) as well as a special extra with Pam Arciero telling how she got to Sesame Street in the videos below: